Effective Date: May 1, 2019
The following governs your use of all the forms provided by the Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles (the “Association”). By accessing or using the Association’s website (the “Site”), you expressly agree and consent to the following terms and conditions. If you do not accept the following terms and conditions, then do not use this Site. These terms and conditions are a legally binding agreement between you and the Association.
- WHO DOES THIS APPLY TO?
- WHAT IS YOUR OBLIGATION AS A USER?
You represent that you are at least 18 years of age and are not prohibited from receiving services under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction. You agree to provide accurate and complete information on the Site’s registration form. You acknowledge that the Association owns your account and that you have no ownership rights to your account. You agree to abide by the following rules:
- You agree not to disseminate your user name or password to anyone, and that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password to protect your personal information. Whether you authorize it or not, you are responsible for any and all uses of your registration.
- You agree to notify the Association immediately of any unauthorized use of your registration and password.
- You agree not to present the Association Site Content (or permit Site Content to be presented) in such a way that it appears to be available from a third-party Web site.
- You agree to not breach or attempt to breach the security measures incorporated in the Site or access data not intended for your use.
- You agree to not log into a server or account which you are not authorized to use.
- You agree to not use the Site for any unlawful purpose or in any manner that would violate international, federal or local laws or regulations.
- You agree not to interfere with the service to any User, host or network.
- You agree not to modify, reverse engineer, decompile, translate or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- You agree to access the Site only through the interfaces provided by the Site or by navigating to https://www.aagla.org/ or https://web.aagla.org/portal/portallogin.aspx using a web browser.
- You agree to not use software, devices, script robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl,” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in or on the Site.
- You agree to not use or copy information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from the Site to provide any service that is competitive with the Site.
- You agree to report inappropriate postings or conduct to the Association.
- You agree to not (i) copy, print (except for the express limited purpose permitted), republish, display, distribute, transmit, sell, rent, lease, loan or otherwise make available in any form or by any means all or any portion of the Site or any Site Content retrieved therefrom without the Association‘s express written permission; (ii) use the Site or any materials obtained from the Site to develop, or as a component of, any information, storage and retrieval system, database, information base, or similar resource (in any media now existing or hereafter developed), that is offered for commercial distribution of any kind, including through sale, license, lease, rental, subscription, or any other commercial distribution mechanism. To the extent you use or obtain contract, application, agreement or other Site Content from the Association, its licensors or the Site, all such information is intended by the Association for personal use by individual consumers only.
- PENALTIES FOR IMPROPER USE.
- LICENSE OF SITE CONTENT.
The Association grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license solely to:
- access and use the Site strictly in accordance with this Agreement;
- use the Site solely for personal uses;
- print information from the Site solely for personal purposes maintaining all copyright and other policies contained therein.
- THE ASSOCIATION DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE.
The Association is not a law firm. By using this Site, you acknowledge and agree that the Association and its affiliates are not providing legal advice or acting as your attorney, and you assume full responsibility for any consequences and costs associated with your use of this Site and as it relates to your legal matters. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is created with the Association. The Association strives to keep its legal documents accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, the Association cannot guarantee that all the information on the Site or downloadable documentation is completely current. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or legal tool like the kind the Association provides can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the legal information contained on the Site or downloadable documentation is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area. If, prior to your purchase, you believe that the Association, is giving you any legal advice, opinion or recommendation about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms or strategies, you will not proceed with this purchase, and any purchase that you do make will be null and void. Association is not a party to any agreement that you enter into as a result of the use of any Document that you create, use or download from the Site. Use of the Site and any Document does not constitute an attorney-client relationship, joint venture or partnership between the Association and any User or third party.
- THIRD PARTIES.
Third parties may offer or provide materials through the pages on our Site. You also may obtain access to other sites on the Internet through the pages on our Site. By providing this service, the Association is not undertaking any responsibility or liability for information or publications of third parties on the Internet even if you access them through these pages. Your dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and that third party. You agree that the Association shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties’ links and/or ads on the Site and the Association expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through these pages or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from the use thereof. We and/or third-parties may make available through the Site message boards, chat functionality and comment features to which you are able to post information and materials (each, a “Forum”). PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SUCH FORUMS MAY BE PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY, AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUCH THIRD PARTY AS WELL AS THIS AGREEMENT.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMER.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE ASSOCIATION AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THESE PAGES, SERVICES, AND SITE CONTENT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DOCUMENTS WRITTEN OR CREATED BY THE ASSOCIATION, AND ANY OTHER USER INFORMATION PROVIDED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH) OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE ASSOCIATION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (a) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (b) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE; (c) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (d) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR (e) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE OR THE SITE CONTENT. THE ASSOCIATION RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE, TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY, THE SITE (OR ANY PART THEREOF) WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. YOU AGREE THAT THE ASSOCIATION SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY MODIFICATION, SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SITE. IF ANY LIMITATIONS ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE ASSOCIATION’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY NON-DIRECT TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO U.S. $50.00 IN THE AGGREGATE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ASSOCIATION (ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THESE PAGES), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS IN THE AGGREGATE OF U.S. $50.00 OR FIVE TIMES THE AMOUNT OF YOUR MOST RECENT MONTHLY PAYMENT (IN THE EVENT YOU ARE A PAYING SUBSCRIBER), WHICHEVER IS LESS. IF ANY PART OF THE EXCLUSIONS OF DAMAGES OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN IS UNENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THE ASSOCIATION’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY RELATED THERETO WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE ASSOCIATION CANNOT AND DOES NOT CHECK EACH USER’S IDENTITY. WE ARE NOT INVOLVED IN USER-TO-USER DEALINGS NOR DO WE CONTROL THE BEHAVIOR OF PARTICIPANTS ON ANY SITE. THEREFORE, IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE USERS, YOU RELEASE THE ASSOCIATION (AND OUR AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES) FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL AND DIRECT AND INDIRECT) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFOR