Home2018-12-10T09:11:11+00:00

Apartment Fire Started by Fish Left Cooking on Stove

An unattended stove started a blaze that destroyed an apartment and took nearly two hours to extinguish, according to the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety. The fire occurred in the early morning of Saturday, Dec. 8 at an apartment complex on Inverness Lane, according to a news release issued by [...]

December 10th, 2018|

NMHC / NAA Push Back on Proposed Source of Income Legislation

Senators Hatch (R-UT) and Kaine (D-VA) introduced the Fair Housing Improvement Act of 2018 on November 13 to amend the Fair Housing Act to prohibit discrimination based on source of income, which NMHC/NAA believe fundamentally changes the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program from an optional government program for private property owners [...]

December 7th, 2018|

County and Glendale Freeze Rents While Both Craft Alternatives

Despite the defeat of a ballot measure that would have allowed communities to establish their own forms of rent control, rent freezes are being imposed on properties in Glendale, Altadena and other unincorporated parts of Los Angeles County amid a growing tenants’ rights movement in Glendale and Pasadena. Although Proposition [...]

December 7th, 2018|

Resources

Testimonials

“I’ve saved over $5,000 on maintenance and repairs this year alone. The membership pays for itself.”

Diego Medina, AAGLA Member since 1997

This is a great organization I’m proud to be part of it, they provide very useful information to property apartment owners, they have a monthly magazine which is very informative they just celebrated their 100 years anniversary. Congrats!

Gladys Lamping