FALL RIVER, Mass. (WPRI) — Hazmat crews deemed an apartment building on Hamlet Street uninhabitable Saturday afternoon due to mercury contamination.
District Chief Michael Clark tells Eyewitness News, back on January 25th, a 51-year-old man tried to melt a couple of old fillings he likely believed were made of silver.
They were not.
On January 28th the man was hospitalized after feeling sick, and has been there since.
“It was really strange the way that it happened, like I said this started on January 25th and we finally got the call to go down because nobody, they didn’t realize what was happening,” District Chief Clark said.