Careless Smoking Caused Ephrata Apartment Complex Fire: Officials


Careless Smoking Caused Ephrata Apartment Complex Fire: Officials

2018-10-29T09:15:35+00:00October 29th, 2018|Advocacy, Local Updates|

“Officials say a carelessly discarded cigarette sparked a fire that displaced 14 people from an apartment complex in Ephrata.

A Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal assisted in determining the preliminary cause and origin of the fire, according to a news release from police in Ephrata.

That investigation also included interviews of residents, 911 callers, and residents.

Officials determined the origin of the fire is a second-story balcony, and the manner is accidental.

Ephrata Pioneer Fire Company posted Thursday afternoon that they and mutual aid crews were fighting an second alarm fire at an apartment complex on Old Mill Road.

Police said Ephrata ambulances transported displaced residents to the Ephrata High School that acted as a temporary shelter.

The Red Cross helped get displaced families into temporary shelters.”

Click here to continue reading.

Leave A Comment