Members from tenants’ rights groups will hold rallies in Los Angeles, Berkeley and Oakland announcing that they have obtained enough signatures to put Costa-Hawkins repeal on the November 2018 ballot.
If Costa-Hawkins is repealed, it will:
- Allow local governments to institute vacancy control for rental units. This means that owners would not be able to raise their rents to market rate when a tenant moves out.
- Allow local governments to institute rent control for all rental buildings of any year (it would remove the current exclusion for buildings built after February 1995).
- Allow local governments to institute rent control on single family residences & condos (it would remove the current exclusion for these types of properties).
The war is upon us and everyone needs to get involved for us to win!
Please reach out to your family, friends, business partners and vendors to have them:
- Join AAGLA as a Member or Affiliate! Click here
- Give to the AAGLA Political Action Committee! Click here
- Share the attached “Vote NO” sheet with your contacts (in person, via email, on Facebook)
- Vote NO on the Costa-Hawkins repeal “(aka Affordable Housing Act)”
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer to share your personal story